The Project Crimson Trust
Trees That Count is a programme managed by The Project Crimson Trust (legal name of the organisation). The organisation is located at 18-32 Manners Street, Wellington, New Zealand. Project Crimson is a non-profit registered charitable trust that delivers restoration and environmental education programmes throughout New Zealand.
Use of this website
Treesthatcount.co.nz is the website for the Trees That Count programme. It is where we publish a live count of all native trees pledged and planted through the programme. It is also a channel where the New Zealand public can show their support for native forest restoration by:
- Donating to Project Crimson to purchase native trees for planting
- Purchasing the gift of trees for others
- Pledging to plant trees in the next planting season
- Registering a formal planting project
- Pledging volunteer time for a planting event or as part of a group
- Pledging the availability of private land for planting
Changes to the terms
We (Project Crimson) may modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms from time to time. We will publicly notify you of changes in the News section of this Website. You agree to check these Terms and to be bound by the conditions that are in effect at the time at which you access this Website.
Unauthorised use or interference
You may not:
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of the Website, or attempt to obtain any materials, information or documents through any means not purposely made available including, without limitation, hacking, password mining or otherwise accessing data without authorisation;
- Test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website or seek to trace any information on any other user of the Website;
- Upload or use any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or the Website;
- Use the Website in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website;
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself;
- Use or transmit the private information of any third party, including, without limitation, names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
To be a registered user you must be over 14 years of age and reside in New Zealand. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel the registration of a user for any reason whatsoever.
When you register on the Website you may be asked for your name, address, email address and a password. You will also be asked to indicate your user type (individual, family/household, rural, business, school/ tertiary, community organisation or other NGO). Once we have your user type, we will be able to associate your activity on Treesthatcount.co.nz with your profile (name, user type and image).
You must be a fully registered user if you wish to complete any of the following activities:
- Pledge to Plant Trees (under 50 native trees that count)
- Register a Planting Project (50 or more native trees that count)
- Pledge Volunteer Time
- Register a Volunteer Group
- Pledge a Planting Location
While you do not need to fully register to fund trees (make a donation) and gift trees (purchase trees for others), we require a valid email address to facilitate these transactions and will store your email so that you can easily complete your registration at some point in the future if you choose.
Passwords & security
Because your email and password allows access to view and edit your contact information, we advise that you keep your email and password secure and that you should not give out these details to any other person. Trees That Count or Project Crimson will never ask you to disclose your password.
We recommend the password you select should not relate to any readily accessible data such as your name, birthdate, address, telephone number, driver's licence, licence plate or passport. Nor should it be an obvious combination of letters and numbers, including sequential or same numbers or letters. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your Trees That Count login, and for all activity which occurs on or through your account, whether authorised or unauthorised.
If any unauthorised party gains access to your username and password, please notify us immediately here and change your password immediately. We do not have any liability for your failure to comply with these obligations.
User generated content
This Website exists to gather, count and display information provided by the public relating to planned and actual tree planting activity nationwide.
Users provide us with information required for us to count, facilitate and celebrate the following activities:
- Pledging to plant native trees in the current or next planting season
- Registration of large scale planting projects
- Pledging of volunteer time to support planting activity, either as individuals or in groups
- Pledging of private land for potential planting by Trees That Count registered projects
- Funding and gifting of native trees (online donations to Project Crimson) to cover the costs of planting
When you input information into the Website you confirm that it:
- is, to the best of your knowledge, accurate;
- does not infringe any copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, confidentiality or intellectual property of any third party;
- does not contain any defamatory, abusive or offensive content;
- does not impersonate someone else, or pretend to be associated with something when you are not
Information or material which you provide electronically through your registration or use of this Website is not confidential or proprietary and you acknowledge that unprotected communication over the Internet is subject to possible interception, alteration or loss. You agree that we (Project Crimson) shall have no liability for the interception or 'hacking' of your data through the Website by unauthorised third parties.
Transactions/ online purchases
Funding trees with donations
On this Website you can make an online donation to Trees That Count with a credit card.
Donations enable Project Crimson to plant one or more trees through a demonstration project or registered Trees That Count project of a third party organisation.
You can set the value of your donation by selecting how many trees you wish to fund. Each native tree costs Trees That Count NZD$10 to plant. Donations are gratefully accepted in multiples of $10 for this reason.
Your credit card will charged by Payment Express for the value of your donation and you will be sent an electronic receipt to the email address provided at the time of making the donation. Your receipt is issued in the name of The Project Crimson Trust, which is a donee organisation and a registered charity, enabling you to claim a tax credit at the end of the tax year if you are a New Zealand resident.
In general, donations are non-refundable. However, Project Crimson will refund a transaction via Payment Express where a credit card has been used without the authorisation of the cardholder or other circumstances advised by our bank.
Trees That Count is the trading name used by The Project Crimson Trust. The name that will appear on your statement when you fund a tree on this Website is “Trees That Count”.
Purchasing trees as gifts
On this Website you can purchase a gift certificate with a credit card for one or more trees to be planted in the name of your gift recipient.
A gift certificate enables Project Crimson to plant one or more trees through a demonstration project or registered Trees That Count project of a third party organisation.
You can set the value of your gift certificate by selecting how many trees you wish to plant on behalf of your gift recipient. Each native tree costs Trees That Count NZD$10 to plant. Gift certificates are created in multiples of $10 for this reason.
You are able to specify a name, email and message and Project Crimson will facilitate a gift certificate (PDF) via email to the recipient.
Your credit card will charged by Payment Express for the value of the gift certificate and you will be sent an electronic receipt to the email address provided at the time of making the payment. Your receipt is issued in the name of The Project Crimson Trust.
Gift certificates are non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash. However, Project Crimson will refund a transaction via Payment Express where a credit card has been used without the authorisation of the cardholder or other circumstances advised by our bank.
Trees That Count is the trading name used by The Project Crimson Trust. The name that will appear on your statement when you buy a gift certificate on this Website is “Trees That Count”.
Trees That Count content
Copyright & trademarks
We own all information on this Website whether it is directly owned by us or licensed to Project Crimson. All material on this Website, including, without limitation, text, images, designs, graphics, pictures, video, software, music and sound files, the layout, the look-and-feel and any other information contained on or in this Website (collectively referred to as the Content) is subject to copyright, various intellectual property protections (registered and unregistered) and other proprietary rights.
All trademarks, logos, brands and service marks (Marks) displayed on this Website will either be registered or unregistered Marks of Project Crimson or will have been licensed to us for use on this Website by third parties. You may not use any of the Marks on this website without our prior written permission.
Exclusions of warranty and liability
We do not represent or warrant that the information, services or materials accessed from or through this Website will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected.
We make no representation or warranty regarding the functionality or condition of this Website, its suitability for use, or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free. We may update the information or materials on this Website from time to time and no assurance or warranty is given that information or material on this Website is up-to-date, accurate, error-free or complete.
Links and references to other Websites may be included on this Website as a convenience only. We may not have reviewed this external information and do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any other Websites, material posted on them, or products or services offered on those websites.