Trees That Count Marketplace
We’ve built a community marketplace that connects native tree planters with funders
There are hundreds of community restoration groups and individual landowners in New Zealand dedicating time and effort to restore our native ecosystems. The conservation work carried out by these communities is vital not only for the intrinsic value of our biodiversity, but also for the health and prosperity of New Zealand.
Trees That Count is an ambitious conservation movement which aims to celebrate restoration work, and help grassroots conservation groups plant more native trees.
For Business Funders
Help native tree planters increase their work by funding trees through Trees That Count.
- Find the best tree product for your business - restoration or protection trees, or offset your carbon emissions through indigenous plantings
- We’ll match your funding with planters throughout New Zealand
- We map and tag the trees you fund on our national map
- Compete with other organisations on our Tree Leaderboard
- We work with companies and organisations of all sizes, with varying sustainability objective
- There’s a place for every funder in this project. Whether you want to fund just a few trees every year, gift trees to clients or staff, or participate in a large-scale restoration or carbon offset project there’s a native planting to suit
- Committed funders receive discounts for regular, or larger volume tree purchases
- Don't forget to keep hold of your log-in details so that every purchase you makes contributes to your position on the leaderboard
- Have questions or need help? Email Melanie, our Marketing Manager
By planting native trees you’re already playing a part in helping to restore and enhance the environment. Let us help you celebrate, and extend your work!
- Become part of the growing Trees That Count community movement, and be an important part of New Zealand’s planting story by contributing to the count
- All registered planters and planting groups can apply for free native trees once they have added trees to our count
- Manage your planting work with your personal Tree Profile - celebrate the trees you’ve planted, showcase your work, connect easily with planting volunteers and get on our Tree Leaderboard
- Our mapping technology enables you to see the trees you’ve planted on our national map
- Enjoy and share our online technical, planting and monitoring resources
- Have questions or need help? Email Emma, our Community Engagement Manager
For Individual or Smaller Funders
Help support native tree planting with Trees That Count, simply by shopping smarter.
- You can gift trees to friends and family and we’ll get them planted in community-based projects across New Zealand, on behalf of your recipient. Your recipient will be automatically emailed a gift certificate outlining their gift (you get to choose the certificate design and when you want them to receive it).
- Just want to fund a single tree? That's easy too, lead the way to a greener New Zealand here.